Friday, July 1, 2011

...No Matter What They Say....

Katy Perry's Firework, Lady Gaga's Born This Way & Pink's Perfect.....all amazing songs....all of them telling people it's ok to be who you are....and I would like to thank them for that....as a mother of 3 crazy and different children it makes me happy to hear a song telling them they are awesome. I'm going to get some grief about this from some more of the uptight crowd but they can suck it....you can be happy being you and I can be happy being me...and all I really want in this world is for my children to be happy being who they are. I have a great mix in my family, tall, short, blonde, brunette, ginger, strong, smart, silly and the freckles...but all that is "normal" .... I am also a proud momma of a hand flapper and two of my children have interesting birthmarks....you know the kind of stuff that make people stare and say shitty comments....and yea we get it a lot....so when I hear Lady Gaga singing...."I'm beautiful in my way cause God makes no mistakes"...it warms my heart..... I know that if I tell my kids not to care about what everyone else wants them to be they will roll their eyes at me...BUT if Pink sings a song about it then they just might listen. I know some people don't even know who Katy Perry is....because they don't listen to "that kind of music" (followed by the look of disgust that I do)....but any person who tells my child.."baby, you're a firework Come on, show 'em what you're worth".. is cool in my book. ...I know there are several other artists that have done songs similar to these.....and I hope there will be more to come....and I'm thankful that they are inspired to do so....Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment